A DAY IN CHATUCHAK WEEKEND MARKET

by - 11:47 PM

YEAY! Updating for my story in Thailand. This week I went to Chatuchak. It is the most popular and largest market for souvenir, stuffs, goods, and everything you can get in Thailand. Also, this is my FIRST TIME to visit here after 3 months passed staying in Thailand. I went there with Maria and my roommate, Yuka. Actually, this is Maria’s idea to go there. In short, we left almost 3 PM by a van which is provided in Thammasat Uni, Rangsit. And it’s 30 baht per each person.
Well, I was so EXCITED! But wait.. I missed something. Um, before Maria said that we will go to JJ Market. But then, we were in Chatuchak. I was lil bit confused at first, but then I enjoyed everything. I still have a time to visit JJ Market later.

Firstly, for the environment. It looks similar like a park in Malang (East Java, Indonesia) when I passed the RMT park. Oh yeah, we walked down to the RMT to get to Chatuchak, because it's across the van's stop. I hope you can imagine it lol It’s difficult to explain, I'm sorry. Then, Welcome to CHATUCHAK! It also looks similar with kind of markets souvenir in Bali, such as Sukawati or Kuta or Tanah Lot. But Chatuchak is largerst! 


We were really walking around this market. Maria wanted to buy a Backpack and a Silk cloth. Yuka wanted aroma therapy oil. And me, I need gift for my bestie friend Fanny (remember her?) and clothes for my moms. Well I tell you, I have a lot of moms and dads haha in my home country.


The weather was so friendly! No rain and no shine. Soo lovely. Firstly, we visited kind of ceramic stuffs. Actually I hate kind of this place because they are easy to broke if you don’t keep watching on them. “Don’t touch, it won’t be broken”. The ceramics are so beautiful and unique. Just looked around and took a picture of them then leave, ahaha.


Something that make me wonder is about the electricity cables in Thailand. Why it is so random and sometimes I think it's too short to put? Why it clots into one big cable? Why it looks so scary? WHY? I never ask my Thai friends about this anyways. I forgot hehe. But yeah, it’s something small but it can be a big big problem by my sight. Not only electricity cable in Chatuchak, almost in Bangkok-Pathum Thani (the areas I use to pass). Even near my dorm. What do you think? Do you think it’s fine for you or you think so? Don’t want to blame the cable, it just looks crazy and scary ._.v


can you see those cables ._.

So crowded with bunch of people and a lot of shop choices which can make you confused and want to bring them all home. Every time I go to kind of market I always find this kind of soap. Organic soap which has smell that matching with the shape of it. Also, there’s place of arts like painting that people can buy and request. 


yummy mango soap
Finally! Dried snack of Thailand! Yeah, this one is also on my list for souvenir. There’s some places that sell this kind of snacks. Even, we can try them as free, haha. Well, my family really like durian. And I plan to buy some of dried durians.


a lot of  snacks souvenir for your family :3
As what I said, there’re a lot of things that you can find in here. I visited interesting places. Then I found cute stuffs! There was a statue shop of animals. And fake flower shop! And I think some of Indonesian Online Shop in Instagram get stuff from here. Exact, women clothes. So cheap! It’s around 100-200 baht.


Cute kitten statue that I took :3
#PASTELLY cute stuff ahhhhh
#PASTELLY cute stuff ahhhhh
Started hungry, I tried a bread which mostly people buy it. I paid 50 baht to get 3 sticks of that bread. And Maria tried coconut ice cream, looks delicious but so expensive for me, ugh. I forget the price. At least up to 50 baht. There’re also a lot of choices of food that you can try!

the breads and the coconut ice cream :9

Also, we had dinner in there too. Randomly, we tried one of food corner in there. First, I don’t like how they serve us. Second, I don’t like the food choices. Third, I don’t like the price, it doesn't match with the look and taste. Fourth, I don’t like when they missed my egg. Last, I don’t like they scream close to my ear. That’s all. Soo sad. I will never back again. And after that, we went back around 6.30 PM. Really a long day, we had waited for the bus near Chatuchak gate almost 2 hours. We had asked people to make sure whether the bus number 510 will pass in there or not. Two people said YES. But then, when Maria asked a lady, she said that we have to walk to another gate to get that bus. She said bus no 510 doesn’t pass in there. Yeah, so sad.

Waiting for another minutes in 2 bus station. We also asked people around to make sure (again). Well, because this is my first time, so I have no Idea. And as long as we waited there, finally we took a bus number 29 that goes to Future Park. Not bad. We took a taxi from there to get to Chiang Rak road. What a long day. We arrived around 9.40 PM.

Doesn’t matter for me. I enjoyed on that day. So fun, even though so sad too I spent almost 600 baht huhu. But, I’m happy finally I got blouse for my moms :3






thanks for reading
warm hugs
Nita

You May Also Like

2 Comment

  1. #ThoseCablesAreTerrifying + If Bus 29 passes, Bus 510 passes there too. #ShouldAskMrMyThaiOrg Glad you had a good time though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what I mean lol. yess people said so, but because we had waited for so long, we decided to get bus 29. at least we can back home. I just knew that hashtag xD next time I will askk #SAYFUN

      Delete