MY EXPERIENCE AS AN EXCHANGE STUDENT IN THAILAND (THAMMASAT UNIVERSITY)

by - 1:50 AM



SAWATDE KA ! Chan Nita ka 55555 😋

It's been a long time since I went back home. I think almost a year. And to full fill a request from the most friendly lecturer in Thammasat. So, I'm here to write about my experience as an exchange student in Thailand!! Woohoo

As we know that Thailand is one of beautiful country in the South-East Asia with a beautiful city, culture and unique language. Thailand was my first dream country that I really wanted to visit. And it had COME TRUE!. How lucky I am and so grateful.

Then "How it could be happen?"

"No action nothing happen, take action miracle happen" 
-  A Novel

That is a quote that I picked from a novel and thought me to believe that everything will happen if I do it and always grateful for everything that I've got. Nothing can happen if you didn't do anything, right? So let's DO IT! #shushu 


Anyway, the reason why I really wanted to visit Thailand is because I love watching Thai's Movie. The first Thai's Movie which make me felt in love is The Crazy Little Things Called Love. And I'm interested to learn Thai language. And (again) Thai has a lot of handsome guys lol.

Alright continuing with my experience. Well in short, I went there with my senior class. We were the representatives from our campus ISI Denpasar, Bali. BALI????? yup, that's my home town but I'm not the real Balinese girl, just was born there and stay in there. I'm not pure Balinese because my parent are Javanese #FYI.


THAMMASAT UNIVERSITY WAS MY HOME


Took in Thammasat Tha Prachan Center (Bangkok)

Yuhuuu, Thammasat University was my campus in Thailand. I'm so glad and proud because I could be one of students in there, eventhough only less than 5 months. Thammasat has 4 branches campus and I studied in Thammasat Rangsit Center. It takes about an hour from Bangkok to Rangsit. And I used to take campus' van to bring me back and forth. Unfortunately, it's not free, I have to pay 40 baht/person.

You know... I ever dreamed about studying in big campus where I can chill anywhere haha. My home university has a large space anyway. BUT Thammasat is larger than my home university. Sooooo bigger and larger! until you need to take free yellow bus also called NGV bus inside Thammasat to go around campus. But the buses only at Thammasat Rangsit.

Anyway, I took BJM Program (it's in Faculty of Journalism and Mass Communication). It's totally opposite with the real major in my home uni, mine is fashion design. But never mind. I took  BJM because I thought that I can get involved about media and journalism. Moreover, I can't take fashion class in Thammasat because they don't have an international class (English program) of it. That's why, applying at BJM is the right way lol.

Sometimes I like writing and designing. This website is the newest blog of mine for one Subject in BJM. Be honest, I like how the teachers taught the students in the class. So fun and different. As you can see, making a blog and updating every week, making you more productive. Because without you realize, you need to think "WHAT'S THE NEXT POST THAT YOU SHOULD WRITE?". That's for the example. It's like a challenge. #SayFun



HOW I SURVIVED
Anyway it was my first time to live away from my parents, especially my mom. And I never live alone with stranger before. Moreover, I was alone because all of my Indonesian friends stayed in Bangkok. But I tried to think positively like that was a challenge to get a new experience #cheers


Then lucky me, I got a roommate! She's Yuka. She is an exchange student from Japan who studied in Rangsit as well. We stayed in a dorm (called VKP Mansion) which is opposite with Thammasat Rangsit, and it only takes about 5 minutes by walking. It was so funn! I felt like I was in the Thai-Movie with the white and black uniform.

We took this in Thammasat Pool (Rangsit). That was our first and last time to swim there lol.

Anyway, I really love my dorm, because the payment is suit with my pocket lol and the location is so close with the university. Although it's not an exclusive dorm but it's really comfortable. I can see sunrise in every morning from the balcony. And my favorite thing is... I can see how big Thmmasat Rangsit from my balcony too. Really miss it so much.

Yeah, this is what I could see from my balcony. Pretty...
Anyway, that 3 twins building are the Stadium for exercise like badminton, tennis etc.


For feeding myself, I usually buy a box of fast meal in Seven Eleven.  Sometimes I boil noodle at dorm. But from all foods in Thailand, one of food corner in JC Canteen at Thammasat Rangsit is the best meal I ever tasted ! So healthy because you can add the vegetables as much as you want and it's free! ❤️

My Favorite Meal in Thailand! I don't remember the name but ani aroi mak (it's delicious) !


Many people thought me a pure Thai. Maybe because of my oriental face like Chinese with slanting eyes on point haha. That was so funny when Thai people greet me with in Thai  and I replied them "I'm not Thai, I'm not Thai" haha one of them was the ice cream seller in Thammasat's canteen. He said that I really looked like Thai girl  (I hope he mentioned like the pretty Thai girls lol) and I said "Oh, mai mai. I'm Indonesian", "Oh, Indonesia same same like Thai" he replied, "kaaa" I said. He is so friendly and funny tbh. 

But the positive thing because of my face is like the local people. It's easy for me to enter some Thailand tourist attractions in Bangkok for free hihi. And got normal price because I said "ani tao rai kha?" (how much is this).  Then they won't give me a high price like the other tourist. 


MAKING SOME FRIENDS

Honestly, actually I'm a shy person. But if you have known me very well, there is one thing that you will know.... I'm CUTE (lol kidding). I tried to be nice and be a welcome person to everyone, except an  to an annoying person and the those who don't respect each other. The key is if they treat me better, so do I.

Well, in the first coming to Thailand Ninny was the first Thai friend whom I had. That's because she was my Thai-buddy from Thammasat. You know... She's really nice, cute and polite. Then she introduced me to her friends when I came to Thammasat Rangsit at the first time. I met Bos and Nadia. Bos, he always make me laugh! He's really funny and so natural! And Nadia, she's one of an exotic Thai girl I ever met! and very kind person.

This was our farewell party the day before I went back home. IT WAS SO HAPPY!
(left: Ninny & Boss, right: Me & Yuka)

Even though we were not really often to waste time together, but it feels like I have known them for a long time.

By the time, I met with another exchange student from (almost) around the world in "Melting Pot". What's that??? Well, Melting Pot is a group chat on Line Messenger where I can chit-chat and meet with new friends. That group is only the  students of Thammasat Rangsit, because it was born in there. Chit - chit and Sai are the lovely Melting Pot's member. We were in the same class too because they're BJM Senior. OH! I Really love that class! It was so cozy, fun and relax. It's News Editing class which was directly guided by Mrs. Sanitsuda Ekachai, she is so awesome teacher! Even though I was in the senior class but the people are so kind and so so pretty like Nicha and Lily. Yeah, it's Lily Pantila, I never knew before that she's an actress. But yeah in BJM it could be happen because I heard that not a few artists are Thammasat graduates. Even I was in the same class too with Baifern Pimchanok aka Nam in The Crazy Thing Called Love Movie. It wasn't her but her brother hahaha. I thought It was so close to meet her, but I was to shy to ask her brother. SO SAD.

Sooo, we were the member of News Editing Class. Can you find me? :p

Wait! where were we? Ohh, Melting Pot! haha sorry, I'm just too excited. Well, for me Melting Pot is like a Family❤️

And, Melting Pot ! It took on Sai's Birthday. 

Move to another friends. BJM'16 SQUAD! It's the exchange students in 2016. The members less than 15 persons I guess (including me). Two of them from America, some Japanese, one Taiwanese, and me Indonesian lol.

Maria, Me, Mr. Fun, Momo and Ariel (After Final Presentation)

There are Maria, Ariel and Momo who were always around me. Because I have 2 classes where I could meet them in a week. Also Maria stayed in the same dorm with me. They're so fun girls. And the other of Japanese girls like Fumi, Yuki, Mina, Lica, and the others are so cute. Pffftt... miss them so much.



UNFORGETTABLE THINGS

Well if you have read my old post about some things that I love in Thammasat in Rangsit, you might know them. But if you haven't, so you can visit here.

Well actually it is everything. Everything about Thailand and Thammasat that I can't forget in my life.  That's really a miracle for me to got an opportunity to be an exchange student. I'm very grateful. And that's gonna be a best day of my life. The last thing is, I want to come back again someday. Or maybe... go to Paris? lol I need a plenty of money for that then. I really have a plenty of dreams. I'm just hoping I can be a better person in the future to make my parents happy and proud of me.







Thanks for Reading
WARM HUGS
Nita

You May Also Like

0 Comment