WELCOME TO THAILAND ! [ FIRST IMPRESSION ]

by - 9:05 AM

Sawatdee ka! 🙏


That is how Thai people greet each others. Suffix "ka" is used for women and "krub" is for a man. Please note that.

Anyway, I'm so happy to be here, in Thailand and on my first post on my blog, I wanna share about my First Impression when I arrived in Thailand. But previously, I want to tell you a short story (hope you enjoy).

Well, my purpose to visit Thailand is actually as an Exchange Student. I'm from Indonesia and I live in Bali. Yup, It's Bali! The island that people claim has so many beautiful beaches. Have you guys been here before? Let me know your first impression of Bali on the comment, please!

Honestly, I thought this is my first opportunity to go abroad. I'm not going alone anyway. I have friend. She's my senior in my home uni but she's taking different major from me. Anyway, I'm taking Fashion Design in ISI Denpasar or in English it's familiar as Institute of the Art Denpasar. So yea lucky me to have her as my partner and I'm glad I can be one of the representative of my collage. 


But you know, there were a lot of things that we both must to do before we go to Thailand. Start from preparing the enroll documents, passport, insurance, TOEFL test until the VISA for student. Then 5th of August, was our flight to went here.

Finally! We arrived in Don Mueang International Airport around 10 PM. We took flight in the late afternoon. I was excited to look around to feel the new vibe. 

We took a taxi form airport to Rammbuttri because we had booked a room in a Hostel near Thammasat University in Bangkok to stay for awhile. Then something shocked me! The cost of the Taxi is until 1500 BAHT! So, it means I spend around Rp. 700.000, like WHAT?!! I had spent so much at the first place *ughh. 

On our way to the Rammbuttri, you know what? the Taxi driver thought me that I am a Thai. Litterally, a pure Thai. He said that I really look like a Thai. So I was just laugh at the time.

Anyway, our Hostel is also near to Kaosan Road called A&A Hostel. It is a nice place to stayed temporary, because me and my friend hadn't got a dorm to stay yet. 

We stayed there only 5 days and moved to Pin Klao in Rungshup Mansion. We got some friends from Indonesia and we are in 5 persons as the exchange student from our country, Indonesia! I was so happy to have them, but unfortunately I have to study in Rangsit alone (It's only me) because I take different major. It's really hard for me, but lucky me to have a roommate from Japan. It's Yuka. She's half Japanese and Germany. Can you imagine her face? Of course, she is pretty! 


So, in short I want to tell you about my IMPRESSION after staying in here for 2 weeks!

FIRST, everyone that I just met will think that I am a Thai. Well, I think because I have slanting eyes and kind of an Asian girl? I believe it's because Thailand and Indonesia is close even not really close and that's why the people sometimes look similar. So here I attach a picture with some uni student when I was in Embassy of Indonesia in Bangkok. Do I look really like local people in Thailand ? haha.

Can you find me ?

SECOND, I heard that almost the food in Thai is cooked with pork, but it's not. I can find the HALAL FOOD! Yeah I'm Muslim guys... pardon me. Mai Muu Mai muu (don't pork don't pork) hahaha. The taste in Thai food is little bit different from Indonesian's also their sauce!! The sauce just so runny and somewhat clear. It's so very different from sauces in Indonesia which is thick and has deep orange color. I like the fish sauce anyway.

       Both of these food are the kind of Halal food that I can find in Thammasat University. The curry is my favorite! It looks like Nasi Kuning in Indoensia.



THIRD, I got a welcome greeting from the Queen of Thailand! *kidding*. It was a Big FIREWORKS I ever SEEN BEFORE!!! As I never see them in Bali (or maybe because I never bought it? haha) But honestly, I really like the fireworks! It was celebrated for the Queen's Birthday party. I just knew that when the Queen's Birthday means for Mother's Day and King's Birthday is for Father's Day in Thailand. 

I can see the big firework at my friend's mansion
IT WAS SO COOL!


FOURTH, before I stayed near Thammasat Rangsit Campus, my first impression of Rangsit Campus is sooooo BAD. I really didn't like the environtment and the location is really far from Bangkok. Maybe because I went here before the semester begin (looks so quite on holiday). But, after staying in here and the semester started, It's really fun to stay in here and meet with new people! (NO REGRET!) Exactly with the other of exchange students who take same major as me. Yeah we have 11 persons that will survive in BJM !!! Shushuuu!!



Me and the other Exchange Students :3

So the conclusion, my first impression in Thailand not that bad. I'm happy to be the one of the student in Thammasat University. Because I heard it's little bit difficult to be a student in this Uni, you know. And it means I AM SO LUCKY!! YEAYYY!! Even my English is not good enough (actually I'm still learning), but I will do my BEST as I can! Let's start this journey 🙌





Regards,
Nita



You May Also Like

2 Comment

  1. Keren nita :")
    Semangat ngampusnya ! *^*)9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iyaa keren disini :'D
      semangattt juga buat semester 5 nantiiii kaaa!! (^o^)9

      Delete